King Saud believed that education creates national human resources. The welfare of this generation and the following generations depends on the achievement of economic development, which in turn, requires competent and educated men. Therefore, the late King devoted a great attention to education at all levels.
King Saud devoted a great attention to public education; he first established the school of the Crown Prince sons in 1359H/1941, and the school of daughters in I371H/1951 which was the first school for girls in Riyadh. He started by educating his daughters in the Palace of Al-Murabaa, then girls of the members of the family and the people joined it after it was extended in a complete modern building in 1376 H (1956), in the palace of Al-Nasiriah.
This was followed by the foundation of the charitable institution of King Saud's Daughters for girls in 1376H/1956. After the correction of some of the social concepts against the education of girls, the late King saw the importance of organizing the education of girls as a means to reform ethics and educate the generation of future mothers. He issued a royal order in 1380 H (1960) to establish the General Department for the Education of Girls to supervise directly the schools of girls. Its establishment was the starting point of formal education for girls. A budget of 2 million riyals was allocated to it. He ordered the opening of schools in all the cities, towns and villages until its budget reached SR 12,415,480 in the year following its establishment.
The late King devoted his attention to orphans, and the number of schools for orphans increased from 3 to 25 schools in 1375H (1955). In order to support education, he donated 10 of his palaces in Jeddah in the region of Al-Rueiss to the Ministry of Education to establish the Scientific City of King Saud, which was the first of its kind to be used as schools for boys. He then gave them some of his palaces in Riyadh.